Monday, May 24, 2010

Big boy!

So I keep meaning to post but I have been so busy with my photography. (which is GREAT!) Any free time that I have, I am editing pictures. I have 3 sessions to finish editing now and I have a newborn session this afternoon. Jonny and I made a back drop stand out of PVC pipe yesterday and it is awesome!!! I think it is going to work great! I will try it out this afternoon. Enough about me...

Cale is doing so many new things! He is crawling now. Sometimes he can only go forward a few times before he falls down but he just hops right back up on those knees and tries again. We call him our little froggy! :) It is amazing us how much he improves every day. Yesterday Cale and I were hanging out with Julie and Chloe at her house and Cale liked the wood floor. He was crawling all over it! Oh he loves Chloe a lot too. I think she likes him also. She stares at him and just smiles. It is so cute! He even grabbed her butt yesterday! hehe.

Cale is eating 3 meals a day now. They consist of fruit and veggies right now but we will add in meat soon. We have been mixing in a little cinnamon here and there. He seems like he is getting more patient with his food. He likes to look around in between bites instead of gobbling all of his food down super fast. I think that will make it easier if we go out to eat.

He is also saying Dada! It is so cute!!! He has said Mama before but I don't think it was intentional. He says Dada ALL the time now! Daddy loves it! Heck, I love it too!

Cale just woke up from his nap. Whenever I bounced him to sleep he was holding his toy moose(a.k.a. Mortimer) so when I put him down I took it away and set it at the foot of his crib. I am in here typing this and I hear jingle jingle. I wait a couple minutes to make sure it is what I think it is. Sure enough! He is playing with Mortimer. I go in there and he is all crunched up at the foot of his bed playing with Mortimer. He got so excited to see me! He started laughing and reached his arms out for me! That boy melts my heart!

I have been trying really hard lately to savor every moment that we have together. I know that he won't be little for long and I want to enjoy it! Before I know it he will want to go hang out with his friends instead of me. *tear* So when it takes me 30 minutes to bounce him to sleep instead of 5, I try to enjoy it. I love looking at his eyes batting slowly in the dark. His tiny hands reaching up for kisses. Oh my gosh... I didn't know this kind of love existed. It is so amazing! I absolutely love my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment