Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Mommy!

I usually hate birthdays. For some reasons I get semi-depressed at Christmas and my birthday. I have no idea why... maybe I build it up too much and then it doesn't live up to my expectations?! This year I had a great birthday! I just woke up this morning and decided to go into it without any expectations and enjoy the day. It started off with my gift from Jonny, Cale, and the puppies. It was a beautiful sapphire(Cale's birthstone) and diamond necklace. I love it! Jonny made us breakfast and we just hung out most of the morning. Jonny and I snuggled and took a 30 minute nap before we had to head over to my parent's house. He never takes naps with me, but I made him! It's my birthday and I get what I want! haha. ;) I love him!

On our way to my parent's house we had to stop at World Market to get a gift. We picked out a bird house that was $24.99, grabbed a bow and a few cards and headed to the register. The bird house rang up $2.49! The lady called the manager over and she said it was a mistake but she had to sell it for that much and told us to have a nice day! Not only that but I had a $10 birthday certificate to use. Our total ended up being 77 cents!!! Wow!

So we went to my parent's house and Cale slept maybe 15 minutes on the way over there. When we got there, he was still groggy but he was ready to play before long. He was smiling, laughing, and "talking" for everyone. At one point I tried to lay him down on my parent's bed for a nap but he just wanted to hang out. I joined him in bed for some mommy snuggles. Before long, all the girls were crowded around playing with him! He is such a lady's man!

We didn't stay for long since Cale didn't sleep the entire time so we thought he was on the verge of a breakdown. He fell asleep in the car and then slept in his car seat for about 20-30 minutes once we got to Jonny's parent's house. While we were there, Cale figured out how to roll from his back to his tummy! Way to go Cale!!! Him and Daddy have been practicing the past few days but that was the first time he did it on his own. He was actually scooting himself in a circle too!

Wow, is my baby really becoming mobile? Why won't he listen when I tell him to stay little forever?! I miss my squishy little baby but I am so excited to see the world through his eyes and watch him grow! Maybe that is why this birthday was different. He fills every ounce of me with happiness! I love him so much!

Jonny had to take Cale to the pediatrician on Friday because he started coughing a lot. She said everything looked and sounded normal. Thank goodness! He weighed 15 pounds and was 25 1/2 inches long! What a big boy!!!

Okay, I think this post was long enough. I do have some other VERY exciting news to share but I need to wait until tomorrow. Goodnight moon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good birthday! Yay for Cale rolling over. (I don't know much, but I know that's a big deal!)

    ReplyDelete